The amount of music festivals to choose from this summer can be a bit overwhelming. More often than not I think that a lot of us look at the ones that our friends are going to and join that train. Great music, great atmosphere and all your closest friends, what else could you ask for? Well for those of us that have children, that’s the missing piece to the complete puzzle.
There are not many music festivals that I would feel comfortable bringing my daughter to that have all the components that I look for. It needs to have a good lineup. It’s a music festival and I want to expose my daughter to great music so that is a no brainer. A safe, comfortable environment. No parent ever wants to have to worry about their child’s safety, especially at an event that they payed to be at. Lastly, a welcoming environment. There are some music festivals that say all ages but really have no business having children at their event.
Summer Meltdown has really went the above and beyond and not only have Adventure packages that are events outside of the festival that the whole family can participate in (rafting, rock climbing, and horseback riding) but they have a dedicated Kid Zone.
I could not have been more excited when I read about Summer Meltdown Festival. Music festivals are a place of complete unapologetic self expression. Summer Meltdown has created a space of creativity in an environment that values individuality and imagination not only for the adults in attendance but for the kids as well.
The kid zone is by no means a solution for daycare while at the festival. Kids are not to be left unattended. It’s a space for parent and child to share together in the many activities that Summer Meltdown has put together.
The Kid Zone activities are listed on the website as follows:
- The Kids Parade •On the last day of our long weekend we put our costumes on, grab our music makers, and sing and dance our way through the forest campgrounds. The kids parade is always a sight to see!
- Outdoor Games •Meet new friends while playing outdoor games! This year we will have a fun run and a bean bag toss competition.
- The Science of Bubbles •Squares and circles! Small and huge! We make bubbles of all kinds. Come play with our little scientists.
- Music Makers •Shake rattle boom bing bang bong! We make music all day long!
- Fairy Homes •A favorite take home from our time in the woods is building Fairy and Gnome homes! These sweet keepsakes will remind you of our second home, Summer Meltdown.
- Snow Cones •Come get your snow cones! After a hot morning at the river come enjoy a snow cone for a donation in the kids area.
- Derby Cars •One of our favorite activities is painting and building derby cars. On Sunday we will have the derby car drag race!
- Costume Making •Big and tall or short and small, everyone is welcome to make costumes! Decorate your fabulous self!
- Scavenger Treasure Hunt •Young and old love to treasure hunt! Come join the search for fun things and hidden clues.
As you can see they really have went the extra mile to make everyone feel included and welcome whether it’s the typical festival goers, or parents and their children there is something for everyone. I cannot wait to see my beautiful little ones face light up as she experiences her very first music festival this year at Summer Meltdown Festival. See you all there!